The base price for a Retrograde Guitar is $3800. A deposit of $800 is needed to begin the build, with the remaining balance to be paid upon completion of the instrument. ( Payment plans are also available during the build process.) The average build time is 3-4 months.
The following options are included in the baseline price.
- Flame Maple top, back, and sides
- Single white body binding
- Port Orford or Spanish Cedar neck
- "Catalog Style" bolt on neck joint (add $600 for "Jazz Style" hidden bolt neck joint)
- Gotoh vintage style tuners
- Unbound Ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays
- Two McNelly gold foil or Stagger Swagger pickups
- Master volume, master tone, three way toggle wiring
- Tune-o-matic style archtop bridge
- Trapeze style tail piece
- Choice of dark or light handrubbed sunburst
- Varnish body with French polished neck
- Hardshell case
As customizations are made to the baseline model, prices are subject to increase. I am a singular builder, not a production shop, so the beginning of the design process starts with a conversation. I want to build an instrument that fits your needs and budget. If you have an idea or vision of your Retrograde Guitar, please feel free to call or email.
From time to time I will have prototypes and demo models on sale through the website. Please feel free to inquire about any models in stock, or in progress models that may be available upon completion.